Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Tysabri Infusion #1

Today I am getting my very first Tysabri infusion. Pretty cool right... In reality, not as exciting as it sounds but none the less... here we are. To be quite truthful, I absolutely hate IVs but that being said I'd rather spend an hour with an IV in my arm than endure daily or weekly shots. If that gives any indication how much I detest the conventional MS treatments.

Couple of things I'm learning so far...

Don't bring headphones that require two hands to put on when one hand is going to be connected to tubing.

No, my hand is not going to fall off if I move it a little.

I'm totally kickin' ass with this whole one handed typing thing!

Don't watch scary zombie TV shows on your iPad... They do crazy things to your blood pressure.

I know that the benefits of Tysabri are not going to be immediate, but I can't help but feel like I'm taking a huge step forward in how I'm dealing with MS and I'll take what ever positive outcome I get even if its all in my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment