Friday, May 27, 2011

T-Minus 28 Days: A Whole Different Person

Okay... it's 8 a.m. I have the next few days off before summer session starts and here I am up dressed, and ready to hit the road on my bike. Training for Bike MS has been so great, it's like I'm a whole new person lately.

One of the reasons I wanted to do this was as a way to motivate me to exercise more and help me loose more weight. I can work out easily, no problem, but without a specific goal I don't tend to push myself too hard. Training for and riding in Bike MS is beneficial on many levels. It's going to be kind of sad when it's done and I don't have that goal to work towards, I may have to find another thing to work towards.

So...

I have been toying with the idea of doing a triathlon except that I cannot run, never have been able to... I can ride (obviously) and I can swim (like a fish), but I can't run to save my life. Seriously, if zombies were chasing us, they'd get me first. It wouldn't even worth it for me to try running away, most likely I'd just take one for the team and let other people get away while the zombies eat me up.

However, I have in inkling that if I asked really REALLY nicely, my friend Beth might try to change my outlook on running. She seemed to find it amusing, when I told her that I hated riding uphill, and told me that she was going to change that.

Well...  I don't hate hills anymore. I can take them now without feeling like I'm going to die, and while my new bike plays a big role in that, it's all the work I've put in that I think has had the biggest impact.

Okay so the kids are up, breakfast is eaten... it's time to grab my gear and hit the road...

No comments:

Post a Comment