Monday, May 23, 2011

T-Minus 32 Days and Counting until Bike MS

Now if only the weather would be somewhat consistent so I can do my training rides...

I have to say I love my job, I enjoy going to work in the morning and I love my rides however, I do not love riding to work. I dunno why but it just feels like a chore when I try riding into work. It's not a hard route or strenuous but whenever I do it I feel like my rear end is dragging three feet behind me all day. However, I can put in a full days work and come home and hop on my bike with no issues what so ever.

Just about a month until Bike MS and I'm a little worried about training. It's been really rainy here for the past couple of weeks which have interrupted our scheduled rides and then last week I was hit with a serious bout of fatigue that was reminiscent of when the MS was active and making itself known and felt. I'm hoping that it was just exhaustion and burn out as the school year comes to a close and not... well you know...

Today was a great day, the sun came out, I wasn't fatigued... After work I rode for about an hour with no problems which was when I came to the conclusion that I won't try riding to work anymore but save my rides for the afternoon since that just seems to be better for me. (I still don't get that) Hopefully the weather will allow me to continue riding in the afternoons so I can get the training hours and mileage I need before the ride.

2 comments:

  1. I saw you riding today.. :) After I picked up Aiden and I was driving the long way home... You are doing great!! You will be awesome!!!!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth :) I was wondering if we'd end up in the same vicinity since thats where your mom lives. Hopefully it wont be pouring tomorrow afternoon so we can go out again. I'm looking for new routes to take, I'm getting bored with the ones I've been doing. Even if weather interrupts us *again* I'm going to strike out towards Hwy 66 and see if I can make there and maybe try the roads on the other side.

    ReplyDelete