Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Insanity prevails

Starting today the Health Care Marketplaces opened up across the country, these market places or exchanges were set up as apart of the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare as it's more commonly known. Starting today, our Federal Government has shut down all because one side has decided to hold our nation hostage because of the ACA. 

I don't profess to know or understand all of the elements associated with the ACA, I'm sure that there are aspects that aren't so good just as I'm sure that all the negative aspects the opponents keep throwing out aren't as bad as they're made to seem. 

What I do know is that before the ACA went into law, someone like me stood to find themselves without medical coverage just because I have MS. It's not profitable for an insurance company to cover someone like me because they would actually have to spend money providing the coverage I would be paying for. The system as it's been, has always been set up so the rich and powerful get richer and more powerful while others suffer. Good or bad, the ACA levels the field a bit, and people like me with chronic illnesses have a chance to get the coverage that pays for the treatment we need.

And agree or disagree, our government shouldn't be shut down because of one side's refusal to accept that the ACA was signed into law.

No comments:

Post a Comment