Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mountain Bike Weekend

This weekend I went up to Wyoming with Jeremy and the boys and our Boy Scout troop for a mountain bike weekend up at Curt Gowdy State Park. It was a good time over all, we had a little excitement on the way when the straps on our bike rack failed and Jeremy's bike fell off while we were driving down the freeway. Luckily, no one was hurt and the bike survived with only a few scratches and scrapes to the frame. 

Ironically, in the time leading up to the trip, the boys weren't all that excited to go mountain biking, but when the time came to hit the trails I was the one who was hesitant and struggled with wanting to get out there on my bike. Ever since the Xterra Lorry Tri last year when I crashed my mountain bike and broke some ribs, I've not been all that comfortable riding the trails. I probably should have gotten right back on the proverbial horse right after my accident, but broken ribs kinda hindered getting on any kind of bike let alone a mountain bike.

I got out on the trails, but I never really felt comfortable and I can't say that I enjoyed the riding part of the weekend as much as I would have in the past. Lately, I feel like my center of gravity is unstable and I don't even ride my road bike as much as I used to. I'm hoping that if I go on Tysabri at the end of August then maybe some of that will be resolved and I can get back to doing some more of the things I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment