Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hello Winter

Winter comes early and often times hard in Colorado. This week we've experienced a wide range of weather patterns from record highs on Monday to freezing and snow tonight and all through out tomorrow. It's all well and good, anyone who lives here knows to expect the unexpected from the weather.

As much fun as sitting by my window watching the first snow of the season can be, the drastic change in weather is aggravating some of my previously dormant MS issues. I have a feeling that no matter how far into remission I get, I will probably always experience some MS related issues that goes along with drastic changes in weather, especially from hot to cold. My body does not react well to sudden changes.


A benefit to the colder temperatures...

Doing things like running or cycling will be more comfortable. Some people like working out in the heat, I'd rather work out when it's cold. During the late summer early autumn, I was forced to do my runs either at the crack of dawn or after sunset. It made staying on a set routine a little difficult when adding in work and kid activities. Now I can take advantage of the window of time I get after work and before I have to shuttle the kids to their various activities.

However, while it's actively snowing I'm stuck indoors nursing various muscle aches and pains and feeling a little like an old woman who can predict the weather by how bad her bones ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment