Sunday, September 25, 2011

Oktoberfest Triathlon

So, I've completed my second and final triathlon of the year! I'm super proud of myself that I've been able to do so much these past several months. Starting with Bike MS, continuing with Boulder Sunset Triathlon and ending with Oktoberfest. I think that I've done well for myself but it's time to tone things down for a while. Not that I can't compete but I don't think my bank account can handle any more registration fees and equipment costs.

It's expensive to be this athletic.
However... don't despair, this is not the end of my feats of strength just a hiatus. Next year I have an ambitious schedule planned starting with a half marathon (still to be determined), continuing with a number of triathlons of varying distances (I want to do an olympic distance) and most definitely Bike MS (the two day 150 mile ride). In the meantime I'm going to continue working on my running along with cycling.

Moving on...

For my second triathlon, I did significantly better! The only difference between the two was the bike distance, I only had to ride 12.4 miles instead of 16. I completed the race in 2 hours 10 minutes, 40 minutes faster than Boulder Sunset. Out of the three phases, running was still my weak area but I still managed to shave 5 minutes off my last 5k time, which was odd because I felt like I was running less this time around (my calves were giving me problems). I know that next year I'm going to do even better!

As I was running a few people noticed and commented on my BikeMS jersey. One woman asked, "You have MS? Wow... now thats just inspiring!" It was really cool. :)

So, to end my triumphant triathletic debut I have a few pictures to share:


Getting set for the swim
Boulder Sunset Triathlon
Right before the swim

Me and my friend Beth




Time for the bike course

Starting the run

Finishing the run



Beth and I at the finish    



Oktoberfest Triathlon

Before the swim

Finishing the bike course
At the finish


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your doing so good, keep up with the fight. Always remember to fight the M.S. and not your self. It great that your winning the battle against M.S. looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete