Monday, September 5, 2011

MS can just suck it!

One of the things I was thinking about yesterday during the triathlon was how I was getting back at MS for what it had done to me. For a year and a half I had to endure not knowing what to expect from day to day or even hour to hour. Things would change and I would have to adjust and suck it up.

On Saturday I had the upper hand because I was the one changing things up without notice, shocking my body going from one thing to the next. It would get used to doing one thing then BAM! we were off doing something else. It was gratifying, almost like give MS a taste of it's own medicine. I was the one in control and my body was going to have to suck it up and like it.

Yesterday I was sure I was going to have to pay for what I put my body and MS through. I've said it before that MS doesn't like it when I suddenly change things on it, and I was prepared for the fall out. However, there was none. I was able to move without pain, very little stiffness, and all in all didn't feel like I'd just done a triathlon the day before. Maybe MS got the hint, or maybe I'd sufficiently prepared my body for the vigor of what it was going to have to do that the MS didn't even bat an eye.

Either way it felt good knowing that MS wasn't going to stop me and that I had the upper hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment