Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Boulder Sunset Triathlon

After training for and completing my one day ride for Bike MS, I immediately started to look ahead at my next challenge. I built up a lot of momentum working towards Bike MS and I didn't want to loose what I'd gained. For me to stay motivated I like having a goal to work towards, a reason to push myself even when I want to quit.

So...



I've registered to participate in the Boulder Sunset Triathlon on September 3rd. This will be my first triathlon and I am really excited.  This event is a 750 meter swim, 17 mile bike ride, and then a 5k run/walk. The only part I'm not up to speed on is the running, I've never been a runner. However, I'm still going to work towards it and if I have to walk the 5k then I walk it, I'm not going to let my less than enthusiastic enjoyment of running deter me.

This event also happens to be a charity event where participants pick a charity they want to raise money for and support. I'm sure its pretty obvious which charity I picked. Anywho...

Here is my fundraising page... https://www.yourcausesports.org/members/fundraising/?id=6369. Please help support by donating what ever you can. Only 45 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment