Sunday, July 3, 2011

Welcome Back Summer!

Finally off for the summer and I am ready and rearing to go! I for see may hours spent hanging out by the pool soaking up the sun. After all the changes I've been through so far this year I am SO grateful that I get my summer back.

A big issue with MS is heat sensitivity. When I was first diagnosed the heat and the sun became the enemy.  Anything over 70ยบ felt unbearable, and just standing in direct sunlight felt like I was being roasted alive. Before MS I loved summer and heat and sun, it was hard to think that I was never going to enjoy summer anymore.



However, this summer is different. First, I've dropped over 60 lbs of weight so I don't have that weighing me down. Second, I got active and, in my opinion, the activity has helped to keep the more unpleasant aspects of MS at bay. So what does this all mean? I get to enjoy summer again. I can be out in the heat and not feel like I'm going to die. I can ride by bike, hang out at the pool, hike and enjoy myself.

It feels good to feel like myself again, and it feels REALLY good to enjoy my summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment