Sunday, January 22, 2012

BikeMS, here we go again...

I just officially registered for the 2012 Colorado/Wyoming Chapter BikeMS ride. The ride starts early June 30th in Westminster Colorado and ends July 1st at the same location. The total mileage of the ride is 150 miles.

Last year's BikeMS was my first event ever and it was the event that started my quest for all things active and challenging. It was from BikeMS that I went onto doing two triathlons last year and now I'm training for a half-marathon and the goal of completing four triathlons this year. BikeMS was the fuse that started it all.

A big part of participating in BikeMS is fundraising, events like BikeMS go along way towards raising awareness about MS and funds that go towards helping find new treatments and hopefully one day a cure. Last year, between BikeMS and the Boulder Sunset Triathlon, I raised almost $1,000 for MS, this year I want to double that amount.

I'm not a wealthy person, I'm not a doctor or scientist, when it comes to MS the only thing I can do with it is live with it. Riding and fundraising is the only way I can make a meaningful contribution that can go towards helping fight this condition.

So I am asking for help in raising funds. You can make a donation at my BikeMS participant's page, any amount you can afford is welcome and much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment