Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Never Ending Battle

Having MS is like being a casualty in a war that began under somewhat shady, misleading, circumstances, and now can never seem to end. In short, I feel like I’ve got the Iraqi war going on in my body, and if the latest progression is any indication… Afghanistan too. Now, obviously I don’t have waring nations with solders, insurgents, missiles and bombs inside my body; but what I do have are two major body systems who for some reason have decided they can’t work together anymore.

One of the biggest questions I keep asking myself, God, the Universe is; how do two perfectly good body systems, who’ve worked together for over 30 years suddenly have a falling out? Did the immune system suspect that the nervous system was hiding neurons of mass destruction? Our bodies’ cells all regenerate over a period of several years; was this a vendetta started by a previous generation of cells now being carried on by the current? Or was it simply something mundane as the nervous system stole the immune system’s partner? I’ve heard that the limbic system is kinda easy.

In the end, it doesn’t matter how the war got started; even though it turned out that there were no neurons of mass destruction. The main focus now is how to establish peace between the systems. To date, most cease fires have ended because some unsuspecting moron, usually a virus or some bacteria, wanders into the neutral zone and gets themselves all blowed up; then someone accidentally/on purpose, crosses a line and the fighting begins all over again.

Now, I’ve decided that the focus of this current administration will be finding a peaceful resolution to this conflict; or at the very least a long term cease fire. Just somebody please make the limbic system wear something that covers it’s nucleus accumbens… no one needs to see that much nucleus… until the UN peace keeping troops arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment