Monday, April 2, 2012

When you fall off the horse, you gotta get right back on...

Well, it's either that or I truly hate myself since I registered for another half-marathon taking place in a couple of weeks.

I just can't let what happened at the Boulder Half be the end of all the weeks and months of training and running I've been through. If not for the temperature and sun I could have made it, I trained hard and I was capable of taking on the mileage and the time... I was ready.

This time I'm going to do the Platte River Half out in Littleton. Rather than being out in the foothills, the race goes along the Platte River through Littleton. The terrain is a lot more even, no significant hills, and instead of climbing in elevation, the route descends. I think that this could be a good 'redemption' run, I can apply what I learned from last weekend, and get a little extra training in as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment